Randstad is working exclusively with a Global Fortune 400 organisation in the Automotive/Mining sector. We have an opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to join the team.
The Firmware Engineer will design and develop firmware for a variety of products and services on embedded platforms. The technology is mining domain specific, a mixture of software, firmware, and hardware for use in-field (on mine sites). The products requiring focus for this role relate to Collision Awareness (CAS). The role extends across multiple projects, including BAU maintenance (patch and release).
- Work with system, software, firmware, and hardware designers on embedded designs.
- Work closely with the broader engineering team to create optimum hardware/firmware solutions for embedded products.
- Ensure port/peripheral assignments are made to suit the application and firmware efficiency at early design stages.
- Work with customers (internal and potentially external) to create use cases and derive and document requirements (product, test, install and support requirements).
- Perform firmware system decomposition and design, defining interfaces and test cases.
- Plan, Estimate, Design, Document, Implement, and Test firmware ensuring requirements and quality standards are achieved.
- Program in C, C++, producing efficient, well documented, and re-useable firmware.
What you need to succeed:
- Degree qualified (preference for Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science) with 5 years of industrial experience working with embedded software/ industrial communication products.
- Preference for Agile experience, at scale, in matrix environment for multinationals.
- Maturing organisations towards Lean-Agile best practices.
- Technical Expertise:
- Experience in working with networking and common serial protocols communication protocols over CAN, RS232 and RS485.
- Experience in usage of S/W Development tools, specifically GIT and Rally. Working knowledge and interest in the Telematics domain.
What you will get int return:
- Competitive salary package
- Clear career progression path
- WFH flexibility
- Yearly salary reviews
- Free onsite parking
For more information on this role, please apply directly to this job ad or call Shona on 0402 652 922
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....