Seeking a competent leader to manage a small team of qualified accountants
18 month fixed term contract
Based in the North of Sydney, close to train station, 10 mins from Wynyard
Working from home flexibility and allocated budget for setting up home office
Our client runs a significant balance sheet as a global financing organisation. The three main businesses are across retail financing, fleet servicing and novated salary packages.
The Financial Reporting and Treasury Manager plays a key role reporting into the Head of Financial Reporting and Operations with responsibilities covering:
- Managing day to day activities of a qualified financial reporting team
- Responsible for the team's compilation of financial statements and schedules in accordance with statutory, group and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Formulate, design, and implement accounting policies and controls to accurately reflect the conditions of the business and to provide reliable information for control and management purposes.
- Responsible for the team’s training and development and drive systems and process improvement
- Manage expectations of the CFO and GM & Head of Departments
In order to be successful the Finance Manager must have the following experience and skills:
- Experience managing and leading a team of qualified accountants in financial reporting, month end and annual audit process
- Experience in Treasury Accounting (securitisation, accounting for derivative instruments/debt), particularly in relation to regulatory reporting (APRA/EFS) and statutory accounts
- Experience in developing accounting papers
- Formal Accounting training and fully certified or chartered accountant
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - internal and external is essential
- Continuous improvement mindset
If you are interested in the position of Finance Manager and have the correct experience and capabilities please apply today. Otherwise if you would like to find out more about the position please call Gail Cunningham on 0434745920 for a confidential discussion.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....