Our client is a large Government agency based in the heart of Parramatta, they are currently looking to recruit a detailed oriented Financial Analyst to join their growing team on a 2 year fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with the business to provide strategic, financial insights and advice alongside key stakeholders.
- Conduct financial planning and analysis activities including the development of consolidated financial plans, budgets and forecasts for revenue, opex and capex across the organisation and business groups.
- Produce analysis of organisational and business group performance including providing insight into key variances, deviations from plan and trends to inform future forecasts, identify potential risks and opportunities and understand the impact on resource and funding allocations
- Provide advice and support to the business regarding the cost model and the allocation of costs
- Provide accounting support to the cost model including ensuring that receipting has been done properly and allocated to the right cost object, investigating residuals, reviewing and resetting allocation rates as well as setting up, maintaining and rectifying errors in cost objects.
- Collate and quality assure financial data for other external reporting purposes
- Determine and articulate key business drivers and the provision of critical insights and value adding analysis to support the Executive Team and General Managers
- Leverage commercial knowledge and insights to provide support as required to the Corporations strategic planning activities including the optimisation of resources and funding
- Prepare summaries and workpapers to enable SCI/forecast reporting
- Prepare financial data and analysis for business cases and support the identification and measurement of benefits
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Economics, Business, Accounting) or equivalent
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CA/CPA/CIMA) or Studying towards
- Previous FP&A/commercial analysis exposure in a large complex organisation
- Demonstrated experience providing product pricing/product line costing models highly advantageous
- High level of data analysis capability
- Strong system exposure
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intelligent, proactive and forward-thinking approach
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....