The lead up to the EOFY is upon us and so comes the cyclical requests for financial accounting assistance across state government.
Our client is a large government department looking for a financial accountant, for 6 months, to assist with year end.
You will join the technical financial accounting team within central finance.
- Knowledge of current Australian Accounting Standards, Financial Management Act, Standing Directions and Financial Reporting Directions.
- Understanding of public sector financial management policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems, in particular the General Ledger module, Business Intelligence and State Resource Information Management System (SRIMS).
- Ability to reconcile and collate financial information from various business units to post into the ledger.
- Provide financial analysis and accounting advice to both internal (senior management, budget team, business units, and portfolio entities) and external (VAGO, DTF, and other State Government entities) clients.
- Lead tasks relating to the month-end, mid-year and year-end reporting requirements, audit requirements, and the ongoing processing, reconciling, analysing and monitoring of portfolio financial data.
- Maintain the department’s Chart of Accounts
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Once year end is closed, you will assist with audit queries from VAGO.
- CPA/CA qualification.
This is the first request of the season and we expect, as per usual, that we will receive several similar requests across state government.
If you are open to contracting, are immediately available and have experience in government, please apply.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....