Under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer provides financial support and assistance to the organisations staff and external customers, and is the first point of contact for Financial Services enquiries. In addition, the Position will contribute to the establishment, maintenance and improvement of systems and processes used by the Financial Services team to ensure the efficient and effective operation and service of Financial Services.
As a member of the Financial Services team, the Finance Officer will contribute to team initiatives and promote productive working relationships with all stakeholders.
The role of Finance Officer reports to the Senior Finance Officer.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Review, process and enter financial transactions into the Financial Services information systems.
- Respond to enquiries from internal and external customers using judgment and initiative, and apply a sound knowledge of finance and policies and procedures.
- Arrange travel and accommodation, and process allowances in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Contribute to team initiatives and assist colleagues as necessary.
- Maintain filing systems, spreadsheets, databases, websites and other administrative systems as required.
- Demonstrate compliance with the Behaviours and Organisations policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the Organisation and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
- Obtain, analyse and prepare statistical and other information.
- Respond appropriately to complex and detailed enquiries using judgment and initiative whilst demonstrating an understanding of, and applying policy and procedure.
- Coordinate and finalise data for audit and other reporting purposes.
- Prepare reports and correspondence as required.
The successful applicant will;
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience as a graduate upon appointment, OR
- Completion of an associate diploma with a range of experience including at least 2 years subsequent relevant work experience, OR
- An equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and manage moderately complex tasks with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated high level communication ability, including the ability to interact effectively and respectfully with people from differing backgrounds both on technical and non-technical levels.
- High level of proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email, and demonstrated ability to learn and implement new systems.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to, initiate and establish new procedures both independently and as a part of a team, escalating issues when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in their approach to tasks, and take initiative to query inconsistencies and add value to the overall team goals.
This a contract role, with the possibility of extension.
If this sounds like you, don’t hesitate apply now! For a confidential discussion you can call Kandice on 02 6132 3822.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....