Facilities and Training Assets Manager opportunity available in Federal Government
Randstad is currently working with a Federal client to source an APS5 Facilities and Training Asset Manager. Commencing in the new year, this temporary contract offers a possibility to remain with the department on a direct employment basis. The contract is currently set for a period of 6 months with a possibility of extension.
This opportunity supports the effective management of department assets, acting as prime point of contact for matters pertaining to maintenance, repairs and safety. This role seeks to ensure that all responsible parties are equipped with the information, tools and capability to effectively manage assets, as well as implementing asset management reform projects that will enhance the asset management systems under which APS employees operate.
Due to security requirements, Negative Vetting Level One (NV1) security clearance is essential. Moreover, a Working with Children Check (WWCC) will need to be completed and verified prior to commencing employment.
Your typical duties may include:
- Ensuring general maintenance of facilities and training assets
- Organising and coordinating repairs
- Being the POC for base services and project managers
- Contributing to WHS committees
- Following up and generating OH&S reports
- Manage allocation of general resources within facilities
- Liaising with external agencies
- Coordinating contractors
- Tracking general and ongoing projects
To be successful, you will possess:
- Very capable stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to speak and explain issues to personnel at all levels
- A background in facilities management
- Some knowledge or experience with Essential Safety Measures
- An understanding of asset information systems
- An ability to remain organised and can critically review processes for improvement opportunities
- Excellent presentation and admin skills
- Good computer skills, such as using a new database
- Experience maintaining and adhering to OH&S policies
If successful, you will be contacted by a randstad consultant to organise a meeting to discuss your experience, preferences and expectations in order to determine your suitability to the
Please press APPLY NOW or for further information.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....