About the Organisation
With a presence in over 180 markets worldwide, this truly global organisation is the leader in its sector.
To help support the organisation’s current transformation, the largest in its history, they are currently seeking a talented, high performing external affairs and communications professional to join their Melbourne based External Affairs team.
The organisation offers the opportunity to work on career defining public affairs initiatives in a supportive environment that values culture, professionalism, and reputation.
About the Role
A key member of the organisation’s high performing and high impact External Affairs team, the Manager, External Affairs & Communications is responsible for designing and implementing a wide variety of strategic and tactical communications programs to support the organisation’s external engagement efforts.
In the role you will have responsibility for:
- Developing and driving sophisticated multi-jurisdictional and multi-audience communications initiatives to support the organisation's key business priorities including commercial drivers, business transformation, advocacy campaigns, and regulatory/government orientated outreach programs.
- Managing all proactive and reactive media engagements on behalf of the company as well as developing and maintaining key relationships with print, broadcast, digital, and trade media outlets and journalists.
- Acting as the subject matter expert and key internal contact on media intelligence (traditional and social) as it relates to researching, analysing and disseminating political, trade, regulatory, and scientific news reporting to key members of the Australian management team.
- Working with the Australian management team, regional and global colleagues to ensure business-wide communications strategies are embedded in order to deliver a streamlined and consistent approach to frontline communications and corporate reputational matters.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a proven track record in shaping regulatory, business, and reputational outcomes through the deployment of integrated communications initiatives designed to effectively influence the environments in which highly regulated and highly complex organisations operate.
- 10+ years of relevant experience drawn from working in high pressure and highly demanding public affairs roles, preferably within large Australian or multinational companies which operate in regulated sectors. Ideally you will also have experience working in a political office, union, industry group, think tank or similar organisation.
- Deep understanding of the Australian media landscape, including having existing relationships with key editorial staff.
- Expert understanding of the Australian system of government, including exposure to working with political and other stakeholders at both the Commonwealth and state level.
- Demonstrated ability to build and deploy world-class integrated communications campaigns designed to mobilise audiences and in doing so influence critical outcomes.
- Clear and direct communicator who is naturally curious and able to consume, comprehend, and explain complex subject matter, including legislation, regulation, public policy, scientific data and other technical information, to less informed audiences.
- Confident, resilient, passionate about everything you do and willing to challenge the status quo.
If you are ready to contribute to the mission and purpose of this role and organisation, this is your opportunity to work at the cutting edge of public affairs. Click "Apply" and send your profile through.
For more information please contact Shrawani Shekhar at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....