Environmental Advisor - Mining Permanent full time position based in Darwin NT
Remuneration: $106k - $144K base Based on experience and ability.
+7.5% STI plus Super (11%) Roster - 9 day fortnight - 10 hr days DIDO
Our client is a young mining company and we are currently on the lookout for a passionate and experienced Environmental Advisor to join our team in Darwin, NT. Our commitment to environmental responsibility drives our operations, and we're seeking a dedicated professional who shares our vision.
As an Environmental Advisor you will play a pivotal role in ensuring our projects have minimal environmental impact while maintaining regulatory compliance. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to :
- Providing expert guidance to develop and manage the Environmental Management System (EMS), ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Collaborating with the Environment Superintendent, Manager HSE, and Site Services Team on facility/service contracts related to environmental management.
- Efficiently planning and delivering organisational and regulatory environmental reporting.
- Enhancing our environmental monitoring, rehabilitation, and site maintenance efforts to align with regulatory approvals and schedules.
- Assisting in the development, review, and refinement of internal environmental processes, systems, and workflows.
- Delivering environmental information, best practice training, and status reports to employees, contractors, and stakeholders.
- Assisting in the development and submission of required regulatory reports through data analysis and report preparation.
- Contributing to the development of strategies, reports, and plans to identify risks, recommend controls, and support the delivery of site environmental priorities in a structured and safe manner.
Qualifications and Skills:
To thrive in this role, you should have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Ecology, Earth Science, or a related field.
- Recent experience in environmental management, preferably in mining or construction.
- The ability to make clear, logical decisions based on complex environmental data.
- A knack for problem-solving and finding practical solutions.
- Strong collaboration skills to build relationships across different teams.
- Lead auditor qualification and/or experience in environmental management systems audits.
- Experience with investigations (ICAM, TapRoot, or similar).
- Certification as an Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner.
For you :
- A competitive salary that rewards your expertise.
- Bonuses tied to performance, so your hard work is recognised.
- A laptop and phone to keep you connected.
- Access to rewards programs with discounts for your enjoyment.
Dynamic: We're responsive, and we get things done together.
Energetic: We encourage a pro-active and courageous approach to challenges and celebrate every success along the way.
Growth-Oriented: Your growth is our growth. Step up, acquire new skills, innovate, set high goals, and challenge yourself. We support your professional development.
Values-Driven: Trust, Courage, Respect, Excellence, and Integrity are the core values that define who we are and how we work. We live these values every day.
If you're passionate about the environment and want to be part of a team dedicated to making a positive impact, please click 'Apply Now' or email your resume to email@example.com For a confidential chat about your career, on 0439 072 172 We'll get in touch with shortlisted candidates.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.