Randstad is currently working in partnership with Naval Group Australia (NGA) who have been tasked to design and build 12 state-of-the-art submarines for the Royal Australian Navy.
As part of this undertaking, we are currently recruiting a Engineering Systems Officer to live and work in Cherbourg, France, for an initial 3-year period before returning to Australia. This is to ensure a significant transfer of technology from Naval Group France to the NGA design team where there are circa 40 x Australians currently living and working in France on the Future Submarine Program.
This role will primarily contribute to define the engineering methods & tools within Naval Group France for the Australian Future Submarine Program.
Key elements of the role:
- Formalize the implementation of the engineering methods and tools in coherence with the industrial and program policies of Naval Group SA
- Achieve synchronization between the different engineering teams operating simultaneously in Australia and France.
- Support the utilization of the methods & tools methodology across the program and the business
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the engineering toolset within Naval Group Australia.
- Prepare tools for future engineering phases and activities
The suitable candidate will possess the following:
- Understanding of the design tools being used to design the submarine
- Seeking 3-5 years experience of the method of design and the relevant tools to build them
- We are looking for someone with either the knowledge/management of complex design tools and / or experience in designing vehicle using a PLM
- CAD Drafter experience
- Needs to understand Engineering/ICT/IT & software engineering
- Australian citizenship eligible to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance (NV1) and French Defence Clearance
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
This role will be based in France for approximately 3 years and then in Adelaide, South Australia.
There is extensive mobilisation & financial support provided by NGA underpinned by a dedicated mobility team assisting with the relocation. This includes:
- French language lessons
- Security clearance support
- Relocation of yourself and any dependents
- Support for living and working in France
This is an exciting opportunity with a sense of adventure to experience a once in a lifetime chance to work and live in Europe.
To apply for the role, please submit your CV by clicking apply. For a confidential discussion, please contact Wendy Hammond from Randstad on (08) 8150 7000.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....