Our client is a not-for-profit organisation who offers high quality support for people with disabilities. The organisation is customer-focused, courageous, authentic and accountable organisation who supports people with disabilities to live the life they choose. Our client is looking for an Employment Relations Advisor to join their team on a part-time, permanent basis.
About the Role
The ER Advisor will be responsible for providing advice and support to management across the business to ensure ER issues are managed effectively. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Provide advice, support and coaching to management on performance, conduct, disciplinary, grievance and bullying/harassment issues.
- Undertaking investigations on complaints about employee and employee grievances
- Participate in the preparation and negotiations of enterprise agreements
- Monitor proposed and actual reward and employment related legislative changes and legal decisions, prepare documentation and communicate as appropriate
- Provide Support in the management of matters involving conciliation or arbitration before Fair Work Australia and other legal fora
- Lead in the resolution of Industrial relations issues; including recommendations on engagement of solicitors
- Liaise with union and employer bodies regarding industrial matters
You have a proactive and organised approach and a high level of integrity with the ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality to:
- Experience in a broad range of Employee Relations related activities
- Strong understanding of the Fair Work Act and other relevant Employment related legislation
- Experience with Award and Agreement interpretation
- Practical experience in providing strategic advice and assistance in Industrial and Employee relations matters
- Good knowledge of legislative frameworks applicable to employment arrangements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
If this is an opportunity you may be interested in or simply want to know more, please apply now using the ‘Apply Now’ button. Alternatively, please call Mikhaila for a confidential discussion on 03 8621 5700 or apply directly at www.hrpartners.com.au
At HR Partners, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....