We are currently seeking Electrical Engineers for a permanent opportunity with a leading national engineering and manufacturing business based in the northern suburbs of Adelaide. The business offers specialist engineering and manufacturing services for transportable switch rooms, Kiosk Substations, Switchboards, and control panel solutions. This role will be based out of their Edinburgh Office and will commence as a permanent full-time opportunity.
The Electrical Engineer will be heavily involved in the engineering and client management on transportable switch rooms or related switchboard assignments; entailing the review and incorporation of technical specifications and relevant standards:
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems to ensure that design, installation, and operations within full project scope conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Develop single lines and schematics for L&P DBs, Cable schedule generation and reviews, cable routing, earthing, and electrical calculations for switchroom projects.
- Review of cable schedules, calculations of cable sizes, and termination schedules submitted by our clients, to ensure accuracy and efficiency of the client’s operations.
- Read and understand specifications and standards and be able to apply these in performing design
- Learn and understand the client’s design and construction methods to deliver designs that conform to standard practices.
- Work with the Electrical Engineering Lead to review and refine work practices, and bring improved efficiencies in design, construction methods, and materials usage.
- Work to automate repetitive design tasks by using innovative solutions and developing customized design tools in CAD programs and spreadsheets.
- Check design and drafting work done by others to ensure compliance and correct interpretation of design intent (peer review).
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers (as required) and understand their technical objectives and desired outcomes and work towards achieving those in conjunction and consultation with the Project Manager.
- Work with Project Manager, designers, and client representatives on technical queries, confirmations, and variations.
- Identify and manage technical risk and other risks throughout the duration of contract delivery for each project
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with Switchboards or rooms
- Strong communication skills
- Hold Australian work rights and resided in South Australia
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Randstad's Power & Energy specialist on Tom Kerwood on 0434 254 182.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....