Randstad is currently assisting a Federal Government department in sourcing multiple skilled policy officers and project managers across APS5, APS6 and EL1 levels. This is a great opportunity for you to work for a high-profile government agency and support job seekers in remote Australia to build skills, address barriers to employment and contribute to their communities through a range of flexible activities. These opportunities are for an initial 6-month contract with possible extensions.
Below are responsibilities/requirements for each role:
EL 1 Program Manager
- Experience/understanding of relationship between agreements/schedules and operational guidance
- Ability to work in complex environment (multiple stakeholders, across Australia)
- Appreciation and demonstrated understanding of issues in remote Australia (employment, industry and community dynamics) (Desirable)
- Understand or have the ability to quickly learn employment programs, social security legislation and the social security guide for employment programs
- Ability to work in a small team where you might be required to undertake tasks at short notice outside of regular remit
- Demonstrated high-level coordination and communications experience
APS6 Program Officer
- Be responsive and possess a strong desire to develop and contribute to implementation of Programs
- Provide evidence-based analysis and advice
- Prepare draft briefs, correspondence and other communication materials with minimal guidance
- Incorporate risk and implementation considerations into policy development
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation skills with stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in preparing briefings, submissions and other Ministerial and correspondence
- Demonstrated experience in leading, supervising and developing team members through performance feedback and career development
APS5 Program Officer
- Prepare draft briefs, reports, correspondence and other communication materials with some guidance
- Assist with the administration and coordination of activities
- Be proactive in identifying issues and contributing to the resolution
- Contribute new ideas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of policies and programs
- Apply judgement, knowledge and discretion when identifying issues and contribute to solutions
- Build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships
These positions require candidates to be Australian Citizens currently hold a Baseline Security Clearance or have the ability to hold one.
If you would like to be considered for this role, this is a great opportunity to tell Randstad about you. Please click “Apply Now” to submit your current resume in word format (.doc or .docx), or send it to email@example.com or call on 0261323809 for any additional enquiries.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....