- Attractive salary package + fringe benefits
- Not-for-profit service
- Brand new, purpose-built facilities
This lovely non-for-profit, 80 place service located in Croydon is looking for 2 x Diploma Trained Educators to be Room Leaders within their expanding service to help lead and guide a team of educators to success. One Room Leader will be leading in the Nursery room, while the other will be in the Toddler room. The centre focuses on open-ended and play-based learning approaches, where children are encouraged to explore and guide their own learning, focusing on their individual interests. They adopt an inclusive model of education and care where children with diverse learning abilities are catered to and supported. Educators at the centre should have strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and programming at the centre is guided by the principles and practices of the framework to ensure children's developmental outcomes are being reached at every stage. The station is less than a 10 minutes walk from Croydon or Burwood station, a 5 minutes walk from the nearest bus stop or onsite parking is also available. The centre is open Monday-Friday from 7:30am-6:00pm.
As the Room Leader of the role your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Motivating and leading a team of educators to achieve high-quality care for all children within the service
- Establishing, nurturing and fostering strong and inclusive relationships with children to achieve quality learning and development outcomes
- Building a supportive relationship with families to allow for honest and open communication of expectations and needs
- Assisting in ensuring high quality practices and procedures are being met according to the NQS
- Ensuring the inclusion and support of all children’s learning abilities
Benefits of the Role
- Above award salary - including fringe benefits (allowing you to increase your take home pay)
- 3 days extra leave over the Christmas period
- Commitment to training, professional development/networking and career pathway progression
- Access to brand new, state of the art facilities and resources
- Onsite parking for staff and close to public transport
- Space to be creative and inspire others in an empowering and rewarding role
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education OR ACECQA-approved equivalent qualification
- A current Working with Children’s Check
- Current first aid certificate (including asthma and anaphylactic training) or willing to obtain
- Strong knowledge of the EYLF & NQS
Our commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Randstad Education is committed to the safety and well being of all children and young people. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide a valid state-based Working with Children Check which is thoroughly screened. In some circumstances, a Federal Police Check and an International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicant's interactions with children using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people.
Refer a friend and you could earn $250
Are you looking for a permanent position in education or know someone who is? Sign up to Randstad Education or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 voucher! Call 1300 360 014 to find out more. Conditions apply....