Our client is a national, not-for-profit organisation that delivers high quality, accessible and affordable housing for people who struggle to find a suitable home in Australia’s challenging private market. The organisation provides support across Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales and West Australia with a large portfolio of properties and tenants. Due to significant growth of the past 18 months the organisation is currently looking for an experienced Development Manager to join the supportive team in Victoria.
You will be responsible for identifying new development opportunities, target areas of operation, undertaking feasibility studies to ensure financial, environmental, and social sustainability. Reporting to the General Manager Development, the Development Manager will also manage the implementation of projects including preliminary works and oversee all aspects of the process from design to successful handover.
- Tertiary qualifications in Property, Construction, Engineering or relevant discipline
- Proven experience in delivering projects considering the broader development environment, and innovative funding, joint venture and partner offers.
- Review planning proposals and be able to secure future development opportunities.
- Technical knowledge of Development, Building and Construction processes and projects
- Experience in business development and identifying funding sources to support development opportunities
- You must have an in-depth understanding, gained through experience, of grants, EOIs, report writing, feasibility studies, heritage, and other studies, to be able to deliver large-scale growth projects.
- Experience in preparing project reports and tender documents
- Manage the design and process of projects, including architectural and engineering design and facilitating and assessing relevant cost estimates.
- An understanding of a projects full lifecycle within the commercial sector in medium to large scale projects
- Commercial Project Management experience including systematic assessment, development, monitoring and review of projects, consultant inputs, with significant focus on planning and delivery of built form and community outcomes.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills and experience in liaising with consultants and stakeholders to develop design briefs, costings and submissions to local government town planners.
- Facilitate as necessary community consultation with respect to proposed projects.
- Influence and Negotiation skills – the ability to influence and effectively negotiate with clients/stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience in administering construction contracts with successful contractors following tender evaluation and manage delivery across the design and build phases
- High level conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external
- Drive the implementation of quality control measures to ensure that the quality of project plans and proposals are of the highest standard, in accordance with company values, budget, policies and best practice.
- Experience in managing teams, project budgets and client relationships.
- PRINCE 2 (practitioner preferred), or PMP, or Reg PM qualifications
- Opportunities for career development
- Great culture and environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary package along with living expenses allowance
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, simply hit the ‘apply now’ tab on the advert, or call Louise de Gier (0449 238 663) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your suitability.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....