About the company
My client is a leading global multinational investment bank and financial services company. It is headquartered and listed in Australian stock exchange and employs nearly 15000 staff in over 20 countries is the world's largest asset manager in infrastructure and Australia's top ranked mergers and acquisitions adviser with almost half a trillion dollars in assets under management.
About the role
Because of their immense growth in their Data Engineering portfolio, an exciting opportunity has come up in one of their offices in Sydney. You will be joining their elite engineering team and playing a lead role in driving the data transformation across their global teams. They are urgently looking for multiple experienced Data Engineers with experience in SQL and Big Data. PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILST IT IS A SYDNEY ROLE, CANDIDATES FROM OTHER CITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AND FULL SUPPORT WILL BE PROVIDED TO ACCOMMODATE WORK FROM HOME OPTIONS
You need to have the following skill sets to excel in the data engineer role:
- Extensive experience working as a data engineer and very strong in SQL development
- Experience in writing transformation code in SQL including scripting, stored procedures and developing ETL processes
- Experience working in designing and developing environment using Spark
- Experience working working in a complex data transformation projects
- Hands on experience working with one or more of the big data technologies including hadoop, spark, scala, NO-SQL, hive and airflow
- Understanding of cloud environment (ideally AWS)
- Very high level oral, written and interpersonal skills
It is an urgent position and my client is interviewing candidates at the moment. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone who has strong Data Engineering experience and has excellent development experience working in SQL and Big Data. Only Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens required for this role.
For more information on the role, please either apply or contact Nathan Sabherwal on firstname.lastname@example.org. Randstad is a specialist recruitment agency specializing in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....