Randstad is currently seeking a Counsellor Co-Facilitator for our not for profit client.
This position is responsible for counselling and co-facilitate support, individual/group information sessions and referral to individuals impacted by Family and Domestic Violence. This includes the affected individual, their family and friends,and the wider community.
- Assess clients, determine eligibility for service and develop and evaluate therapy plans appropriate to cultural and other target group needs in consultation with clients.
- Provide counselling, utilising a variety of intervention methods and strategies that are responsive to client needs and in line with a community recovery framework.
- Manage client load in accordance with targets specified in funding and service agreements.
- Negotiate referrals and facilitate client access to appropriate agencies within the service sector.
- Co-facilitate groups, including engagement in evaluative processes such as reflective practice, course review and evaluation.
- Providing clients appropriate and effective interventions and strategies.
- Engaging in regular professional debriefing as required during the course.
- Maintain comprehensive, professional, up-to-date client records and ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Possession of a relevant degree in Social Work, Psychology or Behavioural Sciences and eligibility for membership of a relevant professional association.
- Possession of a current positive Notice for Child Related Employment (Blue Card and a yellow card exemption) from the Public Safety Business Agency (PSBA).
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare documents for case planning or advocacy purposes.
- Ability to deliver evidence-based therapeutic counselling interventions to formulate therapy plans, set goals and facilitate a positive approach in working with individuals to achieve these goals within established time frames.
- The ability to liaise with other community organisations and form an effective network in which to promote the Program and establish referral pathways to meet client needs.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and effective service delivery models and the ability to work within such frameworks. This includes sourcing and sharing up to date knowledge on research and best practice frameworks.
- Current open drivers licence.
- Current, and ability to retain, both a Working with Children Blue Card check and Disability services Yellow Card.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....