Are you looking for a tree change? Do you live in Melbourne's west and would like to work closer to home, but still maintain a professional and rewarding career?
- Manage a team of 6 direct reports with a clear career development path.
- Join a municipality on a rapid growth and transformation trajectory.
- Ongoing, full time role located in the Darley.
About Moorabool Shire Council
As one of six municipalities in the Central Highlands region, Moorabool Shire provides a welcome change of pace to the hustle and bustle of the city and is just 45km away from Melbourne. Situated at the eastern step of the region, it strikes the perfect balance between enchanting terrain and a vibrant community. Moorbabool shire has a projected population growth from 37,261 in 2021 through to 77,974 by 2041. Be a part of their transformational growth!
- Reporting to the CFO, this role will manage, lead and develop a team of 6 finance professionals, ensuring delivery of operational and strategic financial functions, including the meeting of deadlines and key performance indicators.
- Take responsibility for leading the delivery of best practice accounting and finance services through the effective and efficient management of human, financial and physical resources.
- Ensure the delivery of financial services is supported by a strategic framework that achieves Council's vision and other higher order strategic documents.
- Assist with launching various transformation programs, preparing for growth while maintaining a healthy financial position.
- Support successful business partnerships with Councils Business Units and identify improvements to financial performance.
- Be guided and motivated by the dynamic executive leadership team. Share in their vision to transform the way of working which will propel the Shire into the future.
- Ensure effective budget management and financial reporting which meets the shires overall financial and statutory requirements and obligations.
- Provide oversight of treasury functions including investment of surplus cash funds and loan portfolio management.
- Drive improvement in finance practices including policy and strategy development, information and database systems, user-friendly reporting, transparency, long term financial plans and business process improvements.
- Lead and support compliance through internal controls, including policies, procedures and delegations.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance or relevant discipline and membership of ICAA/CPA desirable, with over 5 years' experience within a similar role.
- Current Victorian Driver's License.
- Experience leading the development of strategic finance and/or business plans.
- Ability to identify issues, analyse and research, problem solve and develop innovative, sensitive and practical solutions and provide strategic advice to complex financial issues.
- Experience within a Public Sector or Public Service environment is desirable.
What we can offer
- Monthly RDO
- Generous working from home arrangements
- GMHBA Health Cover available
- Social Club and Staff Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program Support
- Strong values with a life/work balance
- Opportunity to contribute in making a difference in the lives of the community and staff
- Competitive remuneration of $109,043 - $121,844 + super
Have a question before applying? Please contact Laura Valente at email@example.com
Application Closing date: Sunday 31 October 2021
*If you are shortlisted to the interview stage, you will be given a copy of the official PD prior.
Moorabool Shire Council is proudly committed to:
- Being a family friendly, equal opportunity employer
- Promoting the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children under the age of 18
- Supporting the Human Rights Charter
We acknowledge the Indigenous history of Moorabool Shire. The land was traditionally occupied by, and connected to, a number of Aboriginal communities, most notably the Wathaurung Tribe in the south and west, the Djadja Wurrung Tribe in the northern ranges and the Wurundjeri Tribe in the east. In February 2015, the Council formally adopted a Statement of Commitment to Indigenous People.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....