- Working for a Federal Government Agency
- Located in the CBD (next to Central Station)
- Currently working 100% from home
- Post COVID, flexible work arrangement
- Open to part time & full time applicants
- 6 month role with possible extension ideally to commence ASAP (September 2021)
- Paying: $45-53ph + 10% super (APS 5 level)
- Working with a lovely team who are highly intelligent
- AICIS helps protect the Australian people and the environment by assessing the risks of industrial chemicals and providing information to promote their safe use.
- AICIS is established under the Industrial Chemicals Act 2019.
- The Industrial Chemicals Act 2019 sets out regulatory obligations on importers, manufacturers and exporters of industrial chemicals.
- The AICIS Compliance Section is responsible for a number of activities aimed at ensuring that manufacturers, importers and exporters of industrial chemicals are aware of and exercise their responsibilities under the Act.
These positions are very varied where AICIS can utilise various skills & backgrounds, depending on your area of expertise the role is interchangeable.
- Compliance monitoring of regulated entities (cosmetic & toiletry manufacturers/importers) from large MNC’s (Procter & Gamble, johnson & johnson) to small organisations (corner shops, laundry detergent & soap manufacturers)
- Advising external stakeholders of their obligations (educational/awareness)
- Auditing clients, reviewing their reporting & various documentation
- Research, interpret and apply legislation and seek legal advice (Industrial Chemicals Act)
- Assist in establishing and publishing processes, forms. SOP’s, policies, guidelines, enforcement activities.
- Assist with the management of the AICIS Register of Industrial Chemical Introducers (database management)
- Managing non-compliance activities
- Ability to work across various programs, projects & work streams.
- You will ideally have worked within either of the following fields: science, environment or health
- You will have have previous experience working within one of the following professions: compliance, auditing, investigations, legislation or fraud
- You MUST be an Australian Citizen to be considered.
- You must either have:
- a valid Baseline Security Clearance currently
- OR have the ability to obtain one
- Please apply ASAP, no cover letter needed.
- Randstad will be shortlisting candidates up to: EOB 10th September 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will likely interview with our client directly between: 14th - 17th September.
- The successful candidates will ideally commence (end Sep or start Oct).
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....