We are looking for a Compliance Officer to join NSW Government for a 12 month contract!
- $54 - $58 + Super
- Located in Parramatta
- 12 month contract
About the role
You will assist with the delivery of high quality compliance monitoring and regulation of state significant development projects in NSW. This is to ensure the Department’s objectives for best practice planning approval, environmental management and compliance requirements are met.
You will contribute to and undertake the compliance regulatory functions, which include;
- Desktop reviews
- Site inspections
- Appropriate enforcement action
The role will also include preparing related correspondence and documentation in accordance with the Department’s Compliance Policy. You will review post approval reports and prepare related correspondence. You will also assist with the development and maintenance of systems, policies and processes.
- Undertake compliance work including follow up actions and respond to enquiries in a timely manner within applicable legislative, regulatory and policy frameworks
- Identify and contribute to the resolution of new and emerging issues in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to interpret technical information and deliver to stakeholders into a user-friendly manner
Key knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant environmental and planning legislation and processes
- Relevant university degree qualification or industry experience (eg: law, planning, building surveying, environmental science)
- Good computer skills
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Able to work collaboratively both internally and externally
- Willingness to travel and (minimum) Class C Driver’s Licence
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....