Accomplished Communications Specialist with a passion for academia and/or research required for an ASAP start with one of Australia's leading universities. Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications and working alongside the Research portfolio this role will Develop and implement strategies to communicate the University’s research strategy and activities to internal and external audiences. Working with a considerable degree of autonomy the successful applicant has management and leadership responsibility for major communications projects led by the Research Portfolio. The incumbent is expected to manage relationships within the University and ensure an integrated approach to communications. The position also includes an editorial decision-making role to ensure the development of high-quality, audience-driven messaging and content for a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders that span the University.
- Develop and execute an audience-driven, strategic communications strategy for the Research Portfolio to support the University's strategic priorities and related key initiatives, to reach primarily internal but also external audiences
- Source, create and curate high-quality audience-driven messaging and content to support the University’s research strategy and related initiatives for a variety of communications channels. These include the staff intranet, corporate website, broadcast emails, Staff News, enterprise social media and other channels as available. Monitor the effectiveness of channels and recommend improvements
- Manage communications and engagement program for the DVC (Research) and key portfolio leaders, including face-to-face forums. Oversee event planning and implementation with supporting colleagues in the Research Portfolio and Marketing and Communications
- Develop strong working relationship with stakeholders in the Research Portfolio to provide strategic communications advice and input to ongoing research initiatives related to the University's goals and priorities
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing and Communications and Media and Public Relations teams - to ensure that strategic goals are achieved, and that research communications are integrated with other marketing and communications strategies
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing and Communications and the Research Portfolio to oversee quality assurance and improvement of research content on the staff intranet, including creating and building a community of intranet authors within the Research Portfolio
- Experience in developing and implementing integrated communications strategies and plans to meet strategic and business requirements
- Experience using content management systems
- Has previously worked in a large and complex, multi-faceted organisation
- Previous experience in the higher education/tertiary sector
- Significant experience writing and editing targeted communications to meet strategic objectives and create audience advocacy
If this role sounds like you apply now or call Sarah Robinson on 0403 756 053 during business hours.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....