We are currently assisting with a NSW State Government Recruit and are seeking multiple Disaster Relief Workers for Hawkesbury Region – Penrith, Windsor and North Richmond to assist with the flood relief across Northern NSW. If you have experience in community services apply within.
About the Role
As a dedicated client services professional, your daily duties will include:
- Undertake home visits to flood affected residents to ascertain social and economic needs.
- Assess eligibility for Immediate Assistance
- Assess eligibility for Disaster Welfare Assistance Grants
- Working in Recovery Centres in partnership with government and non-government service providers who may be volunteers
- Undertaking outreach or home visits to provide information on services and assess eligibility for disaster relief grants
- Identify clients requiring referrals to other agencies and follow established referral guidelines
- Participating in briefing and debriefing sessions
To be successful in this role, you will come with the following:
- Case Management or Social Work experience in the disability sector
- Current drivers licence
- Ability to multitask and prioritise deadlines
- Skills in welfare/human services environment to respond effectively and compassionately when working with people in crisis and distress
- An ability to work with persons who are in a heightened stage of distress
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work for long and irregular hours in remote or rural communities.
- Ability to work in a disaster affected environment where infrastructure may be damaged and usual facilities may be lacking
- Opportunity to work within the Government sector
- Supportive team/ office environment
- Employee Assistance services, free of charge
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply within.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....