Buyer | 3 month contract | Opportunity to extend or go permanent
Salary Pro-Rata of $100k incl. Super
- Australian owned, multinational company
- Challenging, fast paced work
- Onsite parking - South Granville location
Due to a new project partnering with a large supermarket chain, our client, a busy mid-sized multinational Australian owned manufacturing and technology company is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Buyer to join their head office team based at South Granville.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In the organisation's 4PL division, the successful applicant will be responsible for procuring local and internationally sourced, top quality products. The primary purpose of this role is to gain competitive pricing, meet customer demand and support the growth of this new division.
- Stakeholder management skills are essential to this role as you will be in contact regularly with internal and external customers. You will be tasked with building and maintaining these professional relationships
- You will be required to continuously review and improve overall efficiency and cost effectiveness with your Suppliers.
- Successfully manage negotiations, purchasing, quality control, costs, timely deliveries and constantly aim for continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 2-3 years experience as a Buyer within FMCG or Retail industries
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workloads.
- Expert stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to be proactive with a can-do attitude
If you or someone within your network would like to be a part of this exciting new project with this leading Australian owned, multinational company feel free to contact William Larkin directly on 0456 757 790 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....