My client is currently seeking a Business Unit Manager to oversee their business in Canberra. This company is a leading provider of engineering, construction and maintenance service across the utility, industrial, commercial and infrastructure in the ACT.
The purpose of this position is to lead and manage the business strategically and operationally to ensure that annual business objectives are achieved.
Your responsibilities are but not limited to
- The position has responsibility for the total profitability and operational performance of the business unit in Australia.
- Overall operations in the six strategic areas of financial performance, customers, safety, people, processes, and growth.
- Developing relationships and business opportunities with key clients, consultants and principal contractors in the market sector.
- Up to date with all leal, regulator and compliance requirements
- Strong stakeholder engagement internally and externally
- Ensure Health,Safety, Environmental and Quality management systems across the business unit and assist in ensuring the Company maintains its accreditation in each function.
- Perform other duties as required from Senior management
The Ideal Applicant will have
- Managing business risks and return on investment to shareholders.
- Understanding and keeping abreast of changes in the market environment.
- Dealing with perceived barriers to entry in key markets and established sectors, in respect of governmental, legislative, asset owner and service provider constraints.
- Aligning current lines of business, culture, and methods, to maximize the growth potential and profitability.
- Use of initiative and innovation in driving business improvement across the operational area of control.
- Experience and strong understanding of utilities and government infrastructure
- A tertiary Engineering, Business, Project Management or advanced Trade Qualification as appropriate.
If you hit the above criteria and would like to apply please click “apply now” or call Jasmine on 0419 013 883 or you can alternately send you updated resume through Jasmine.email@example.com
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.