About the company
My client is a leading global multinational investment bank and financial services company. It is headquartered and listed in Australian stock exchange and employs nearly 15000 staff in over 20 countries is the world's largest asset manager in infrastructure and Australia's top ranked mergers and acquisitions adviser with almost half a trillion dollars in assets under management.
About the role
Because of their immense growth in their front office environment portfolio, an exciting opportunity has come up in one of their offices in Sydney. They are urgently looking an experienced Backend developer to work in the high performing corporate affairs team to support their data engineering technologies and work closely with technical team..
You need to have the following skill sets to excel in this role:
- 3 - 5 years of development experience (.NET, NUnit, Java, Python or C++)
- 1 -2 years of data engineering experience (Hadoop, Oozie, Pentaho)
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell)
- Database experience (SQL Server)
- CI/CD experience (Bamboo, Gradle, git/bitbucket, Artifactory, uDeploy)
- Experience with Atlassian suite e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a vendor application
- Risk mindset in day-to-day activities
- Good understanding and experience with ITIL best practices for Incident, Change and Problem Management
- Automation experience (Selenium web driver or equivalent) is desirable.
The responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code and unit tests
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Identifying, communicating, and mitigating Risks, Assumptions, Issues, and Decisions throughout the full lifecycle
- working with the DevOps lead and working on automation and CI/CD so everything can be deployed at speed
- working, communicating and cross-skilling with other members of the DevOps team
- building and maintaining a data pipeline that can ingest multiple sources of data into the Corporate Data Hub
- automating as per the requirement, and working as a part of the DevOps team to build pipelines and environments
It is an urgent position and my client is interviewing candidates at the moment. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone who has development experience and has data engineering experience (hadoop). Only Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens required for this role.
For more information on the role, please either apply or contact Nathan Sabherwal on 02 8235 3344. Randstad is a specialist recruitment agency specializing in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....