Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries and is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings’ Corporate group provides public and private ratings of companies and their debt instruments, on both the international and national rating scale. Debt instruments include bank loans, senior and subordinated debt, commercial paper and preferred stock. The Corporate ratings analytical methodology addresses the legal, regulatory and market environments in over 100 countries in which Fitch Ratings operates, with particular emphasis on debt structure. Corporates group analysts continually expand and deepen their research, combining industry expertise with the finest analytical tools to offer well-informed and timely judgments. Analysts are readily available and responsive to investors. Through our structure, our people and our process, the Corporates group provides broad coverage and exceptional service.
You will take lead analytical responsibility for a varied portfolio of corporate issuers primarily Australian, across Industrials, Property & Real Estate / Homebuilding, Energy & Utilities and Diversified Manufacturing. You will take the lead in meeting and appraising debt issuers in the sector and then present and discuss your recommendations to a rating committee; you will also be responsible for presenting them effectively and in an incisive manner to external parties. Additional analytical focus will comprise ad hoc sector commentaries, detailed thematic sector research reports and rating actions to events of the day. The role also involves outreach meetings with investors and intermediaries and will entail some travel. The successful candidate will also be expected to support the team as and when required and support the maintenance of regional sector databases and financial models. The portfolio of primary coverage can be around 10-12 entities in total plus back-up analytical coverage on a similar number of rated entities.
Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in credit or analytical role is required in order to be successful; Specific experience within any of the following sectors is required for aspirational Director level candidates: Industrials, Property & Real Estate/ Homebuilding, Energy & Utilities and Diversified Manufacturing
- Recent financial modelling experience is essential
- Familiarity in Fitch's criteria and methodology would be highly beneficial
- Must be experienced and comfortable presenting analysis to and liaising with C-suite executives; and also dealing with media queries
- Experience with reviewing legal documentation associated with cross border capital markets issuance is preferred
- Financial based professional qualification such as CFA/CPA/CIMA is essential for aspirational Director level candidates
- Fluent English, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills, are essential
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in the context of report writing and oral presentation
- Strong team player and possess excellent inter-personal skills, with an ability to integrate quickly into an established team and to deal with colleagues and external parties across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Self-starter. The candidate will be expected to show initiative as well as managing and prioritising his/her time and work both independently and as part of a small team
To enquire further, please submit your application and résumé in WORD format via our RANDSTAD website at www.randstad.com.au/apply reference 90M0468837. Confidentiality is assured.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....