An exciting opportunity awaits a dedicated individual to join our clients team, a dynamic and forward-thinking National Transport Company in the Western Suburbs, as an Assistant Accountant. As a pivotal member of our finance team, you will contribute to the continued success of a privately-owned company through your expertise, commitment, and innovative approach.
The successful applicant will play a crucial role in the following responsibilities:
- Managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Ledger, including reconciliations of customer and vendor accounts.
- Daily Bank Reconciliations and management of daily cash outflows.
- Monthly coding of credit cards.
- Assisting in the preparation and posting of monthly standard journals.
- Contributing to the preparation of monthly Management reports, involving variance analysis of divisions and cost centers.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation and lodgement of quarterly BAS.
- Preparation and lodgement of monthly Payroll Tax for all states.
- Assisting with interim and year-end audit.
- Assisting in the preparation of Monthly/Yearly budgets and forecasts.
- Assisting with annual Payroll Tax reconciliations.
- Assisting with annual Fringe Benefit Tax preparation.
- Providing support and leave coverage for transactional-based staff (AP and AR Departments).
- Preparing and presenting ad-hoc financial analysis and other tasks as required.
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience in a medium-sized organization, preferably in roles related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or as an Assistant Accountant.
- A completed bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Drive and ambition to progress your career.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work autonomously, seeing tasks through to completion.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- High processing accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Disciplined work ethic.
- Competence in using computer applications.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
What We Offer:
- Full-time position, classified as Award Free.
- Supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Training and mentoring for continuous career development and growth.
- Company support for completion of CPA or CA studies.
If you are ready to take your career to new heights and contribute to the success of a thriving company, apply now! Join us on this exciting journey of innovation and growth.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.