Join the corporate Media Monitoring Services team within a highly reputable Government Department as their Audio Typist in a full time ongoing role!
In this fast paced and varied role, you will listen to audio recordings, strictly adhering to style guides, and produce accurate transcripts. Each day you will encounter new and diverse content and have opportunities to apply and expand your general knowledge, when monitoring radio and television broadcasts to identify and transcribe political and government management issues of interest.
This Government Department is responsible for providing a specialist electronic media monitoring service for the Premier, Government Ministers, and all other members of Parliament and ministerial staff.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Undertaking high volumes of audio word processing while transcribing radio and television broadcasts.
- Be able to identify political and government management issues within radio news, talkback programs, television news and current affairs broadcasts.
- Able to maintain accuracy while working to deadlines.
- Must be able to participate in a rotating shift roster 7am-7pm, Monday to Friday covering live broadcast monitoring.
- Induction and training is provided, but applicants must be capable of quickly picking up and running with the duties of this position.
Skills and Experience
- Fast and accurate typing speed of 70 wpm - proof of typing speed will be required
- Outstanding literacy skills, including comprehension, spelling and grammar
- Able to consistently follow formatting and/or style guidelines
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- The ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- National Police Clearance will be required.
- Secure your career within Government with this Ongoing, Full Time opportunity
- ASO4 Salary ($76,571) + Superannuation
- Excellent work life balance with flexible start and finish times
- Great team environment
Candidates without the experience in media transcription, who meet the above criteria, are capable, enthusiastic, and quick to learn are encouraged to apply.
All applications must be submitted online via the apply link. For any confidential enquiries, please contact Juliana Ridieri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.