We are actively engaged with our Federal Government client in Canberra who are looking for an APS6 Media Advisor to commence an initial 12 months non-ongoing contract/Temp S26 transfer with possible extension/permanency.
The media teams that play a critical role in supporting ministerial offices and departmental executives mainly through the delivery of quality media products. As the Media Advisor you will be an important part of the team delivering services to ministerial offices and departmental senior executive.
Working with other team members, you will be responsible for:
- drafting high-quality media products including media releases and media enquiry responses
- developing strong working relationships with program areas and assisting with media issues management
- monitoring a busy inbox and responding to requests
- developing media opportunity calendars for ministerial offices
- assisting with media monitoring management.
What we are looking for
- Experience working in a government media or communications team would be an advantage. Media organisation experience would also be desirable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills – including the ability to translate complex ideas into simple accessible language
- well-developed organisational skills
- ability to quickly develop strong working relationships and gather information
- capacity to work in a fast-moving dynamic environment as part of a team
- degree or relevant accreditation in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing would be an advantage
Eligibility and other requirements
- must be an Australian citizen.
- Security Clearance - This position requires a Baseline Vetting security clearance. You will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How you will benefit:
- Having the opportunity to excel and further develop your career
- Supportive and encouraging environment
- Attractive salary package benefit
- Hybrid Work model
- opportunities to secure an ongoing position
As a successful applicant you will be working within a fast paced team under limited supervision. If this sounds like a role that would suit you, send through your resume today If you would like to discuss anything before applying, please call Nausheen Tabassum on 02-61323873
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.