About your company
This commonwealth agency is mission driven science organisaion.This is an overview of their engagement on projects and staff which are provided on their website :
- 800+ commercial agreements entered into worth more than $700 million
- $175M of scientific engagement received from more than 200 customers in all levels of Australian government
- 5500 staff committed to delivering the greatest national benefit 55 sites in Australia and three overseas local and international networks
About your role
The Finance System Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of finance systems and tools together with their interfaces in relation to information technology governance, processes, and improvements to provide input into planning and decision-making processes to assist management in delivering business objectives. The role will be lead systems analyst and be expected to perform business and system process mapping, identify gaps in risks, document user requirements, conduct testing and training. The role will also provide helpdesk support on day to day activities including master data maintenance and improvements in the Finance Systems Team. This role is required to have extensive experience of the financial systems environment, business processes, system functionality, communication, and project management.
- Work with the Manager to contribute to the strategic planning and decision-making process for financial systems and translate this into operational priorities.
- Lead and represent Finance as the subject matter expert by analysing and mapping finance processes as well as system processes to identify risks, gaps, and improvements.
- Prepare advice relating to complex financial systems, business requirements and operational impacts of change for non-technical stakeholders. Prepare and review business case and specifications including accounting and processes.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on the impact that business process change has on financial systems. Coordinate and contribute to system design, especially the user interface, in consultation with Finance Teams and Information Technology areas.
- Analyse projects and change activities that impact on financial systems to provide assurance that financial controls and system risks have been identified and managed.
- Monitor improvements for financial systems in accordance with organisational financial management and compliance frameworks.
- Develop key relationships within Finance, Information Technology and other stakeholders.
- Coordinating and performing system testing, particularly user acceptance testing.
- Manage and process day to day activities and system error resolutions such as: master data and ad-hoc requests; helpdesk support and audit enquiries, end of month and end of year financials; systems interface and financial reports.
- Facilitate the development of systems documentation. Provide training as well as assist with communication activities.
- Other with other duties as directed.
Demonstrated Skills and Qualification/ Selection Criteria
- Having SAP system expert FICO skills
- Proven track record as business analyst to document the business processes
- Understanding of the public sector financial regulations and the finance business policy, procedure, and processes such as: AASB, PGPA Act and CPR.
- Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
- The successful candidate must have the National Police Character check before they can start to work
- Earning $65-$70 per hour, excluding super
- 12 months contract, 37.5 Hours per week
- Canberra location but will accept applications from any Australia locations with Agency presence.This includes but is not limited to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Brisbane, Hobart and Perth.
Next Step :
Shortlisting of the candidates is under process and this role can be closed soon. So I would recommend you to apply soon.
If you consider yourself fit for this position, I look forward to hearing from you. Please click “Apply” to submit your current resume in Microsoft Word format ( .doc or .docx ) including two referee details or if you would like to know more about this role or hear about similar roles, you can email me on email@example.com or call on 0261323832 for a confidential discussion.
Job Reference no: 90M0462245
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....