Randstad is currently assisting a Federal Government Department in sourcing multiple Policy Officers across APS6 and EL1 levels. This is a great opportunity for you to be a part of a high-profile government department and be a part of a monumental social initiative. The opportunity is for an initial 6-month contract with possible extensions. It is also open for non-ongoing contracts and S26 transfers.
- Develop and contribute high level policy advice on complex issues to provide evidence-based advice and recommendations
- Contribute to project milestones and deliverables
- Prepare complex correspondence and briefings material within tight time frames to the Executive, the Minister and for regional and international dialogues
- Contribute to planning and program management
- Engage with a broad range of stakeholders across government and industry
- Perform research and analyse options to recommend and develop policy solutions
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in policy development and policy implementation
- Policy advice experience, including an awareness of government decision making processes and the role of the department
- Policy or regulatory research skills and the ability to synthesise complex legislative and policy positions and provide advice to decision makers
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret data and analyse complex information to develop policies
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- You will be an Australian citizen and ideally hold a baseline security clearance.
If you would like to be considered for this role, this is a great opportunity to tell Randstad about you. Please click “Apply Now” to submit your current resume in word format (.doc or .docx), or send it to email@example.com or call on 0261323809 for any additional enquiries.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....