Tha project team aims to establish a contemporary set of procedures and documents for staff that reflects the division's capabilities, functions and business requirements which supports integrated operations and service delivery. Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the Policy Technical Writer will be responsible for analysing and developing high-quality technical documentation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Utilise an evidence-based approach to research, identify, analyse and evaluate information
- Write user-friendly content in plain English that meets the needs of the target audience and sets our users up for success
- Provide technical advice and recommendations to deliver a suite of documentation, such as; policies, operating procedures, and manuals relating to the functions within the centre
- Research and analyses of existing procedures and recommend contemporary practices
- Present reports defining the above project progress, problems and solutions; implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Manage project information and reference materials in accordance with organisational and project requirements including creation and maintenance of project documentation
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of project communications in accordance with communication, change and engagement plans
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and understand project drivers, goals and objectives to define product requirements and design solutions
- Proof-reading and editing documentation for accuracy, consistency, usability and clarity
Required skills and experience
Successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in project and time management and the ability to work remotely with limited supervision
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and writing easy-to-understand operating procedures, user interface text and guides
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills demonstrated through clear and succinct communication with staff at all levels and project stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in effective stakeholder engagement and extracting information from subject matter experts
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office 365, SharePoint and Teams and a good understanding of document design
- Understanding of processes and procedures in an emergency response background or similar is desirable
In return you will be offered:
- 6 month contract with potential to extend
- An hourly rate negotiable on experience in a relevant role
- Convenient City location close to parking and light rail
- Easy to use timesheet mobile app and weekly pay runs
- Randstad contractor benefits including access to discounts to retail brands, health insurance, entertainment and much more!
If you think this role may be for you or if you would like to discuss other opportunities, please apply now via the appropriate link or call Adrianne on 02 6132 3805.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....