- 2IC training provided
- Above award salary
- Close to shops and public transport
A beautiful 120 place heritage-listed service located in the heart of Lane Cove is looking for an Assistant Director/2IC to assist the Centre Manager with the daily operations and management of the childcare centre. This service has large, purpose-built environments that promote exploration, learning and imagination among children. There is a large amount of modern education resources for children as well as staff to utilize. With a committed and experienced staff, you will be a part of a rewarding team environment and have the opportunity to guide them to success.
Your role will be as the 2IC of the centre and ECT of the preschool room. As the centre grows and training is provided, you will have more days off the floor to work within the 2IC at its full potential. This position is open to applicants looking for a step-up and way forward in their career. Experience as a 2IC isn't necessary however experience as an Ed Leader or Room Leader is desirable.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Work with and alongside the Centre Director to manage the daily responsibilities of running and maintaining a busy childcare service
- Have a thorough knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standard
- Work as an Early Childhood Teacher in the preschool room with time off the floor to commit to your 2IC responsibilities
- Lead a team to implement and adhere to high-quality practices
- Motivate, support and work in partnership with your team of Teachers and Educators driving them to excel as they deliver care and educational programs to children.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for children, families and caregivers
- Build positive relationships with the children, families and other educators at the centre
Some benefits of working at the centre include:
- Above award wages
- On the job training to be an Assistant Director
- Staff discount for childcare
- Dedicated staff and management that provide support and coaching to allow for career development
- Uniform allowance
To be successful in this position you must have:
- An Early Childhood Teaching Degree, or working towards the qualification (ACECQA-approved)
- Provisional or Proficient NESA Accreditation
- A strong understanding of the EYLF and NQF
- A current Working with Children’s Check
- Current first-aid certificate (including asthma and anaphylactic training) or willing to obtain
- Experience as an Ed Leader or Room Leader is desirable
If you wish to apply for this role please do so via the website or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not for you? Please reach out to have a confidential conversation about the other positions we have available that suit what you are looking for
Tel: 02 8238 0200
Our commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Randstad Education is committed to the safety and well being of all children and young people. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide a valid state-based Working with Children Check which is thoroughly screened. In some circumstances, a Federal Police Check and an International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicant's interactions with children using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people.
Refer a friend and you could earn $250
Are you looking for a permanent position in education or know someone who is? Sign up to Randstad Education or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 voucher! Call 1300 360 014 to find out more. Conditions apply....